Owners of Front Street Brasserie have opened their doors again after a small fire ignited in the neighbouring Ginza Japanese Restaurant.
The fire sparked in the restaurant’s kitchen while the restaurant was closed on May 28, calling firefighters, police and paramedics to the scene.
“We are saddened that our friends at Ginza will be closed for the time being, but we are very happy that Front Street Brasserie is once again open,” chef-owner John Burke said in a news release.
“The Penticton Fire Department did an amazing job extinguishing the flames and the crew at ABK Restoration worked tirelessly to rid our restaurant of any smoke damage, and we are so grateful for their efforts.”
The fire appears to have mostly just caused smoke damage to the building in general, including in Ginza Restaurant, where the fire was contained.
The restaurant did cancel some lunch and dinner plans last week, according to management.
“We are thankful for their understanding and we look forward to welcoming them back to the Brasserie again very soon,” manager Lisa Baxter-Burke said.