Six months after the 2016 Okanagan Fest of Ale Craft Beer and Cider Festival, the Okanagan Fest-of-Ale Society is giving $40,000 back to the community.
At a presentation held at the Senior’s Drop-in Centre on Oct. 13 2016 Okanagan Fest of Ale Society’s board of directors, event volunteers, sponsors and supporters gathered to celebrate the success of the 21st Annual Okanagan Fest of Ale.
“A great night was had by all at our volunteer appreciation and charity disbursement dinner last evening. This year $40,000 was given back to local charities and not-for-profit societies” said incoming President John Cruickshank.
Grants were distributed to 13 local charitable organizations and representatives from each were invited to provide insight into their organizations initiatives.
The Okanagan Fest of Ale, one of the best-known events in the province, is a two-day consumer beer and cider tasting held at the Penticton Trade and Convention Centre in early April each year.
The event is managed by a volunteer board of directors and staffed primarily by community-minded volunteers.
“A huge thank you to all the volunteers and sponsors who continue to support B.C.’s premiere craft beer festival” said Cruickshank. “Be sure to mark your calendar for April 7 and 8, 2017 for the 22nd annual event.”
The 2015-2016 Okanagan Fest of Ale charity recipients include:
- Agur Lake Camp Society
- Community Foundation of the South Okanagan – Okanagan Fest of Ale Legacy Fund
- Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs
- Okanagan College Foundation Bursary
- Okanagan School of the Arts, Shatford Centre
- Okanagan Similkameen Neurological Society
- Pathways Addictions Resource Centre
- School District #67
- South Okanagan Similkameen Brain Injury Society
- South Okanagan Similkameen Medical Foundation
- South Okanagan Victim Assistance Society
- The Penticton Centre for Exceptional Learning
- The Summerland Cat Sanctuary (Critteraid)