Mariachi returns to warm up the Okanagan
Okanagan residents will soon get their taste of ol’ Mexico when Mariachi Los Dorados returns for its annual spring tour.
The Vancouver-based band has made an annual pilgrimage to the Okanagan/B.C Interior for the past decade to herald the advent of spring for all those residents who have been winter bound and haven’t been able to make the trip to Mexico, said tour producer Ken Smedley, of Armstrong.
“Annually, El Mariachi Los Dorados brings a fiesta of the joy and warmth of Mexican culture to celebrate the change of seasons and the coming of spring,” said Smedley.
Tickets are $20 in advance and are now available for the following dates and venues:
– March 21 at 7:30 p.m., Zion United Church Hall, Armstrong. Tickets at Chocoliro, Armstrong, 250-546-2886.
– March 22 at 7:30 p.m., Barking Parrot Lounge, Penticton. Tickets at The Dragon’s Den, Penticton, 250-492-3011.
– March 23 at 7:30 p.m., Carlin Hall, Tappen. Tickets at Acorn Music, Salmon Arm, 250-832-8669.
– March 24 at 7:30 p.m., Okanagan College Vernon campus theatre. Tickets at The Bean Scene, Vernon, 250-558-1817.
– March 25 at 7:30 p.m., Centre Stage Theatre, Summerland. Tickets at Martin’s Flowers (next to Nester’s), Summerland, 250-494-5432.