- 2015 Federal Election
Burglary reported at Lindsay Lohan's L.A. home
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Police were called for the second time in three months to the Hollywood Hills home of actress Lindsay Lohan on Sunday to investigate a reported burglary there, a police spokesman said.
The latest call came in at about 6:30 a.m. local time, but the spokesman at the Los Angeles Police Department's Hollywood station said he had no further details, including who made the call or whether Lohan was home at the time.
The celebrity news website TMZ.com reported that the actress discovered the break-in after coming home at about 3 a.m. and called her father, Michael Lohan, who called police.
He told TMZ that a safe was ripped off a wall in the home and that a couple of watches were taken, and that he believes the theft was "an inside job" because employees for his daughter had failed to turn on the house burglar alarm.
TMZ also cited an unnamed source as saying that three men can be seen in a surveillance video breaking into Lohan's home.
A previous burglary attempt was reported there in May, police said. According to TMZ the suspects in that incident apparently were frightened off by the alarm, but not before intruders were captured on videotape trying to gain entry.
A number of media reports at the time quoted police as saying officers initially thought the house had been ransacked but determined that the place was just messy.
The 23-year-old actress, who became known as much for her nightclub antics as for her screen talent, has sought lately to rebuild her career following a string of high-profile personal problems that included a 2007 conviction for drunken driving and cocaine possession.
Last month, she starred in a ABC Family television movie and launched a new TV and film production company with her fashion-line partner.