- 2015 Federal Election
Explore Penticton - Family Fun
Overlooking Skaha Lake at the city’s south entrance, Okanagan Amusements provides visitors with a mix of indoor and outdoor activities making it the perfect choice in any weather.
Race your friends or family around the go-kart track, or send them spinning in the bumper boats. Up for some easy golf? Try a round on the 18-hole mini-golf course. Indoors, play one of the many games in the newly rebuilt arcade or sample from the snack bar. The site also has large picnic facilities.
If you want to have fun, while not making the wallet lighter, here are a few free or inexpensive ideas:
• Take a leisurely drift down the channel that joins Okanagan and Skaha lakes.
• Cool down in the splash park at Skaha Beach.
• Visit local gardeners at the Penticton Community Garden.
• Seek treasure in second-hand stores.
•Some wineries offer free tours — check at the Wine Info Centre, at Eckhardt Avenue and Railway Street.
•For affordable indoor fun, head to the newly renovated pool and community centre on Power Street featuring a waterslide, lazy river and fitness area.
•Open your ears to the Sunshine Cabaret’s weekend performances in Gyro Park, Nanaimo Square and Skaha East Park.
• Take in a panoramic view of Penticton and Okanagan Lake with a picnic on Munson Mountain.
• Take a stroll on the beach promenades.
• Join an impromptu drumming session at Gyro Park.