- 2015 Federal Election
Investigators determine cause of fire
Investigators have determined that last Friday’s fire at the Penticton White Spot was started by linen and table cloths covered in vegetable oil and bleach that combusted in the dryer.
This type of fire isn’t rare to deputy fire chief Dave Spalding,
“We get quite a few fires started this way,” he said.
About 30 members of the Penticton Fire Department had worked to save the building after a call received at 4:18 a.m., but significant damage had already been done causing surrounding roads Main Street and Rosetown Avenue to be shut down for several hours.
Al Mansfield, owner of the Penticton White Spot, described the disaster as a bad dream, mentioning that he had just put in new equipment this past year.