News

Fire breaks out at Riverbed Bistro

Keremeos and District Volunteer Fire Department responded to a fire that broke out in the upper storey of the Riverbed Bistro Saturday evening around 8 p.m.

All four units of the top  floor of the restaurant / accommodation complex were gutted in the fire.

Flames were visible on two sides of the upper floor when responding firefighters arrived on scene, the firehall being located right across the road from the building.

There were no injuries in the fire and none of the accommodation units were occupied at the time of the fire, which is currently under investigation.

 

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Virk shuffled to new job after Kwantlen flap
 
Penticton families receive Christmas cheer with hampers
 
City of Penticton investigating airport purchase
NDP blasts lottery corporation spending
 
Lack of addiction treatment flagged by crime panel
 
Part III: Youth Dealing with Depression
Rainmakers ranked No. 3
 
RDEK Directors officially sworn in
 
RBC gives $15,000 support for Intensive Care

Community Events, December 2014

Add an Event


Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Dec 19 edition online now. Browse the archives.