- 2015 Federal Election
Traffic changes for Challenge Penticton
It’s time for Challenge Penticton and that brings with it some road closures and traffic modifications to accommodate the race on Sunday, Aug. 24.
Major roads affected will be Lakeshore Drive, Main Street, Westminster Avenue, Skaha Lake and Eastside Roads along with Highways 97, 3 and 3A.
- Lakeshore Drive closed from Riverside Drive to Main Street from 4 a.m. Sunday to 2 a.m. Monday
- Main Street closed from Lakeshore Drive to South Beach Road 4 a.m. Sunday to 2 a.m. Monday
- Martin Street closed from Lakeshore Drive to Westminster Avenue 4 a.m. Sunday to 2 a.m. Monday
- Westminster Avenue closed from Martin Street to Main Street 4 a.m. Sunday to 2 a.m. Monday
- Eastside Road limited to local traffic only from 10 a.m. to midnight Sunday
- Skaha Lake Road closed northbound from Highway 97 to Kinney Avenue (local traffic only) 4 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday
- Lane closures will be in place along sections of Highway 3A and 97 to safely accommodate cyclists.
Traffic control personnel will also be stationed at major intersections and access points along the race route to safely manage traffic. Race organizers are asking motorists to either avoid travel during the affected hours or consider alternative times or routes.
Motorists that need to travel during these times are advised to plan ahead for potential delays and short duration stoppages, as well as to use caution in the presence of large volumes of participants.
Access to/from and across Main Street and South Main in Penticton will be restricted with the following exceptions:
- Nanaimo Avenue (emergency vehicles and buses only)
- Eckhardt Avenue (controlled by RCMP or flaggers)
- Duncan Avenue (controlled by RCMP or flaggers)
- Industrial Avenue (controlled by RCMP or flaggers)
- Warren Avenue (emergency vehicles only)
- Green Avenue (controlled by RCMP)