*Editor’s note: This story has been updated to reflect that the collection also takes place Nov. 13 to 17. Those dates were not provided on the City of Penticton website until after this story was posted to our website.*
The unlimited yard waste collection period will take place at the end of November.
The City of Penticton is reminding residents that from Nov. 13 to 17 and Nov. 27 to Dec. 1 that after filling your city-issued yard waste car, those that receive curtsied waste collection can put out unlimited paper bags or reusable containers containing only yard waste on your regular day of collection.
Other reminders during unlimited yard waste collection period:
- Place yard waste at your usual collection point by 7 a.m. on your regular garbage day.
- Additional yard waste must be placed in kraft paper bags or reusable containers marked as “yard waste.” Do not use small buckets or containers.
- Bundle branches using string or twine, and ensure the prunings are no more than three feet in length, three inches in diameter and 50 pounds in weight.
- If your additional yard waste is not collected, please leave it at your collection point as a second truck may be required to pick it up.
- Please leave a minimum of three feet/one metre of space between carts and additional yard waste.
- Yard waste contained in plastic bags will not be accepted.
- No tag-a-bag stickers are needed.