Categories: Community

Brown Bag hosts Cowboy Goalie

As part of their Brown Bag lecture series, the Penticton Museum present The Cowboy and the Legend, April 8 at noon.

The speaker is Ivan McLelland, famed Penticton Vees netminder who helped lead the team to a world championship in 1955.

McLelland will share stories about his friendship with Kenny MacLean, a local rodeo star and how their similar paths and brushes with fame helped the pair form a unique friendship.

McLelland, originally from South Porcupine, Ont., is a long-time resident of Penticton and  ardent supporter of local minor hockey.

McLelland, a fundraiser for Good Samaritan Village by the Station and Alzheimer’s Society, published his autobiography Gold Mine to Gold Medal, and Beyond in 2012.

Presentations are in the museum auditorium (785 Main St.) and include coffee, tea and confections. Admission is by donation.

For information about the lecture series contact the Penticton Museum at (250) 490-2454 or email peter.ord@penticton.ca, or visit www.pentictonmuseum.com.

Staff Writer

Published by
Staff Writer

Recent Posts

• Canada & World
  • Home2
  • Sports

Ryan nets hat trick in return as Senators beat Canucks 5-2

Ottawa winger received assistance for admitted alcohol problem

21 mins ago
  • Home2
  • News

Wet’suwet’en herreditary chiefs meet with provincial, federal ministers

Neither party speaking on the groundwork laid for tomorrow’s talks

1 hour ago
  • Entertainment
  • Home2

Laughing ladies and country artists sell out Okanagan venue

Alan Doyle and I Am Woman, Hear Me Laff! back to back sold out

1 hour ago
  • Home2
  • News

Dates back to 2009: Calgary police lay charges in fraud involving semi-trucks

Three people from Calgary are facing charges that include fraud over $5,000

2 hours ago
  • Home2
  • News

Speaker ‘will not tolerate illegal activity’ on B.C. legislature grounds, says chief of staff

Chief of staff to the B.C. speaker Alan Mullen says situation with demonstrators appears ‘fluid’

2 hours ago
  • Home2
  • News

Couple in crash on Highway 1 mistake Shuswap for Lower Mainland

Chase RCMP report Mercedes Benz collides with transport truck

3 hours ago