The contribution senior citizens make in the community every year will be celebrated at Penticton’s Leir House this June.
As part of the provincially-recognized Seniors’ Week, the Penticton Arts Council is hosting a one-day event full of musical performances and visual art demos on June 11.
The community is invited to take part in the festivities from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 220 Manor Park Avenue.
Featured activities, like pottery demos and collaborative painting with local artists, with be run both indoors and outdoors.
The event is free to attend, with no registration required ahead of time.
Local organizations like the Penticton Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts are among the groups slated to host the select activities during the event:
• 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.: Open Studio with council’s artists
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Pottery Demo with Penticton Potters’ Guide
• 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Performance by Trio of 5
• 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Encaustic Painting Demo
• 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Play with Clay
• 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Knit in Public Day (outdoor event)
• 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Collaborative Painting (outdoor event)
BC Seniors’ Week is set to run from June 5 to 11 this year, with several scheduled events already confirmed around Penticton.
City council has approved free public transit for those aged 55 and up during the celebration week.