London Drugs is hosting a Recycling Roundup event on June 16 at its Cherry Lane Shopping Centre location.
The event encourages Penticton residents to responsibly recycle old household goods at the end of their usable life, reducing the amount of waste going to the landfill.
“It is a great opportunity for spring cleaning. Residents can bring a variety of unwanted items for recycling rather than throwing them away,” said Cory Muir, store manager at the Penticton London Drugs location. “Together with the help of Penticton residents, we can divert thousands of pounds of materials from the landfill through this event.”
The Penticton London Drugs recently celebrated a 91.61 per cent waste diversion rate through their own diligent in-store recycling strategies.
Residents are invited to drop off any of the following items at the London Drugs located at the Cherry Lane Shopping Centre, 2111 Main St. on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· Electronics (TVs, VCRs, printers, computers, monitors, etc)
· Electrical items, tools, hair appliances
· Small appliances (large appliances not accepted)
· Non-food-related Styrofoam
· Cell phones, PDA and rechargeable batteries
· Alkaline batteries
· Compact fluorescent bulbs (CFL’s) and fluorescent light tubes up to four-foot lengths
· Disposable cameras
· Metal film canisters
· Ink jet cartridges and laser cartridges
· Plastic bags