This summer won’t be the typical fun in the sun many Okanagan residents are used to, as social distancing rules are put into place due to the coronavirus. However, the next two months will present some unique opportunities to do things that may have been overlooked in past years.
Since, for the most part, British Columbians are confined to the province for the summer this is the perfect time to make some memories with your family — it’s not like you can go anywhere far to avoid them.
Penticton offers a wide array of family-friendly activities for locals and visitors alike. The small South Okanagan city may be the best place to spend your family vacation this summer.
Here are the top ten things to do with with the whole family in Penticton:
10. LocoLanding Adventure Park
This beach side, mini amusement park with leave you with lasting memories for years to come. Mini-golf, go-karts, a ropes course, bumper boats and much more, beautiful gardens, fun activities and delicious treats, this amusement park has it all.
9. Wibit WaterPark
8. Float the Channel between Okanagan and Skaha Lake, either with Coyote Cruises or on your own.
7. Bike or hike the Kettle Valley Railway.
6. Pick fresh fruit at a local orchard.
5. Hang at the beach at either Okanagan or Skaha Lake
4. Go kart racing at Top Gear Karting in Penticton
3. Indoor climbing with HooDoo Adventures in Penticton
2. Coffee and playgrounds at Jumping Beans Play Cafe
1. SS Sicamous