The Keremeos Community Garden is looking for volunteers to help build the new garden.
The village secured $96,277 in funding at the end of 2021 from the federal Ministry of Agriculture to go towards the infrastructure necessary for the garden.
With the snow starting to clear and the weather beginning to warm up, the goal is to have the infrastructure — including the beds, fences, irrigation and greenhouse — ready to go by March ahead of a successful growing season.
The next thing that is needed is volunteers to help make everything a reality.
Are you looking for a way to contribute to the community? Experience of all kinds is needed and welcome! Some of the more specific types of help needed at present are:
* Helping with the promotion of the community garden through YouTube and a community garden newsletter.
* Assistance laying irrigation pipes.
* Assistance installing the assembled arbor.
* Forming and placing reinforcement for slabs.
* Building and filling raised growing beds.
* Helping to maintain the garden when it is established.
Anyone who is interested in volunteering can send an email to email@example.com with their name, a preferred method of contact, and specific areas of interest for volunteering, if applicable.
If nothing is listed, the village will assume you are a community star and willing to help with anything.
To report a typo, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.