An early morning fire has left an Oliver family homeless.
Oliver Fire Department chief Dan Skaros said they were called out to a residence on River Road around 3:15 a.m. on Sunday. He said a family of three was at home when the fire broke out but managed to get out safe.
“It was fully involved by the time we got there so all we could do was protect the outbuildings and that is about it until we got it under control,” said Skaros. “We believe it started someplace in the basement and it pretty much destroyed the top floor. We were able to save some of their things.”
Firefighters were at the scene until about 8 a.m. and then a mop-up crew stayed until 10:30 a.m. Skaros said the family is now staying with relatives.