Grey, damp, warm week ahead in Okanagan, Shuswap, Columbia

Environment Canada calling for clouds and showers, and warm temperatures, throughout the area

Sunday’s grey period will continue throughout the week.

Environment Canada is predicting a warm week of clouds and showers in the Okanagan, Shuswap and Columbia, highs ranging between plus 11 and 15 degrees, and overnight lows between plus 1 and plus 7 degrees.

In the North and and Central Okanagan Sunday, there will be periods of rain. Snow level 1,100 metres rising to 1,500 metres in the afternoon. High 9. Tonight A few showers ending before morning then mainly cloudy. Snow level 1500 metres. Low plus 3.

In the South Okanagan and Similkameen, Sunday’s forecast calls for periods of rain ending this morning then mainly cloudy with 30 perc ent chance of showers. High 10. Tonight Mainly cloudy. Low plus 1.

For the Shuswap, mainly cloudy with a 70 per cent chance of showers. High 9. Cloudy tonight, 40 per cent chance of showers. Low plus 3.

For the Revelstoke region, periods of rain Sunday. Snow level 1,300 metres. High 7. Cloudy tonight, 70 per cent chance of showers changing to 30 per cent late in the evening. Snow level 1,100 metres. Low plus 5.

DriveBC is showing no major problems or weather issues on all main highways.


@VernonNews
roger@vernonmorningstar.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Just Posted

Fiery collision involving truck closes Highway 1 at Three Valley Gap

Drivers should expect major delays and congestion

Vees secure 4-1 win against Wenatchee

On Saturday night the Vees take on the Wild again at the South Okanagan Events Centre.

Penticton massage therapist suspended following allegations of sexual misconduct

While suspended, Leonard Krekic is not entitled to practice as an RMT in B.C.

Raffle tickets sold at first two Vees playoff games raising money for CT scan machine

The playoffs commence on Feb. 27 followed by game two on Feb. 28

‘Let’s talk dirty’ a guide to easy composting at home

Composting at home has great benefits and can be made easy, says waste management expert.

VIDEO: B.C. senior recalls ‘crazy’ wartime decision to grab bear cub from den

Henry Martens – now 96 – says he was lucky to be alive after youthful decision to enter a bear’s den

Heart attacks strike B.C. husband and wife just over one year apart

Courtenay couple share personal stories to bring awareness to heart month

‘Nothing surprises us anymore:’ U.S. border officials find brain in package

U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents found the brain packed in a glass mason jar in a Canada Post shipment

Prolific offenders from Alberta lead RCMP on chase from Kelowna to New Westminster

Men first reported in Chilliwack ending with allegedly stolen vehicle in an Abbotsford pond

Adapting to love along the Columbia River

One man starts a GoFundme to help his partner with health costs caused on the trip where they met

B.C., Ottawa sign sweeping 30-year deal for northern caribou habitat

West Moberly, Saulteau co-manage new protection on two million acres

Eyes on police after Trudeau orders blockades torn down, injunctions enforced

The RCMP in B.C. have sent a letter to the traditional leaders of the Wet’suwet’en Nation

Pawsative Pups: You have a new puppy, now what?

Lisa Davies is a new columnist for Black Press who writes about dog training

Loans or gifts? Judge rules woman must pay B.C. man back $7K

B.C. judge rules that woman must pay back more than $7,000 in advanced funds to man

Most Read