Local family safe, but home gutted in house fire

A local family is having to start from scratch after a house fire raged through their Twin Lakes home last night.

The LaRose family lost their home last night in a blaze that started with a chimney fire.

The LaRose family lost their home last night in a blaze that started with a chimney fire.

A local family is having to start from scratch after a house fire raged through their Twin Lakes home last night.

On the evening of Sept. 23, a chimney fire caught hold and spread, eventually engulfing the LaRose family home.

The family of five, including three children aged 5, 6 and 13 escaped unharmed, but their home and belongings were completely destroyed, other than a few valuables they managed to grab.

However, they did not have contents insurance, and will not be able to recover their losses.

“We are all ok, thank god for working smoke detectors but will need help to get a new place, clothing, furniture, dishes etc.,” the family writes on the gofundme page set up for them. “We would appreciate any help that you can offer.”

People wishing to contribute can do so through https://www.gofundme.com/2qxe5n8