Firefighters in Summerland were called to a house fire on Wright Avenue early Thursday morning.
Fire chief Glenn Noble said the fire call came in at 2:23 a.m. A total of 13 firefighters responded. There were two fire engines, one rescue vehicle and one command vehicle at the scene.
Noble said the fire started in the vicinity of the chimney and spread to the attic and surrounding walls. He said it is believed the fire may have been caused by exposure from the high heat around the chimney.
The fire was extinguished quickly and most of the firefighters were at the scene for around two hours. One crew stayed until later in the morning.
Noble said the occupants of the house are now in the care of Emergency Social Services for 72 hours.
“There will be restoration work needed at the house,” he said.
To report a typo, email: