The City of Penticton is advising residents that the accumulation of snow may delay residential garbage and recycling collection.
If garbage or recycling is not collected by the end of the day, the City says to remove your bins from the street or laneway. Extra garage and recycling will be handled when collections resume next week at their regular time.
“These are challenging conditions for waste collection,” said the City’s community sustainability coordinator, David Kassian. “With safety at the forefront of operations, some areas may experience delayed or missed garbage and recycling collection this week.”
The city advises people follow these tips for waste placement during snowstorms:
– Find or clear an unobstructed spot to place your carts.
– Consider placing one cart on either side of your driveway after it’s been cleared of snow.
– Make sure carts are one metre or three feet away from any obstacles.
– Do not place any carts behind or on top of snow banks.
– Clear the ice and snow off the lids of your carts.
To report a typo, email: email@example.com.