Text of Buckingham Palace statement regarding Prince Philip

Text of Buckingham Palace statement regarding Prince Philip

LONDON — Here is the text of a statement from Buckingham Palace regarding Prince Philip.

———

His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh has decided that he will no longer carry out public engagements from the autumn of this year.

In taking this decision, The Duke has the full support of The Queen.

Prince Philip will attend previously scheduled engagements between now and August, both individually and accompanying The Queen.

Thereafter, The Duke will not be accepting new invitations for visits and engagements, although he may still choose to attend certain public events from time to time.

The Duke of Edinburgh is Patron, President or a member of over 780 organisations, with which he will continue to be associated, although he will no longer play an active role by attending engagements.

Her Majesty will continue to carry out a full programme of official engagements with the support of members of the Royal Family.

 

The Associated Press

Just Posted

Penticton Youth Centre gains key resource

The Foundry health and social resources network will be setting up shop with the YES Project

Mayors Minute: Follow your passions to make a difference

Last week I presented at PechaKucha Penticton

Penticton Vees lose top scorer

Surgery required for Penticton Vees top forward

Smart Cities Challenge needs community support

What challenges could Penticton solve with innovative ideas and $50 million?

Businesses stepping up for SOWINS during holiday season

Several Penticton businesses are running campaigns to assist SOWINS

Video: En’owkin project gets $20,000 boost

The En’owkin Centre on the Penticton Indian Reserve is working to restore culture and habitat

Myers high on Canada

AT RANDOM: Mike Myers says it right, eh

B.C. government to launch coastal ferry review in January

The Province will begin a comprehensive review of the coastal ferry service in British Columbia in 2018

Federal Crown drops appeal after charges against pot activist dismissed

Dana Larsen said he was served notice at his home in Vancouver and the case was to be heard July 2

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry May 19

Kensington Palace announced the date to the public Friday

#MeToo at work: How reporting sexual harassment works – and how it doesn’t

British Columbians have four options to report harassment or assault, but none of them are easy

Debt-to-household-income ratio rises in third quarter

Total household credit market debt grew to $2.11 trillion in the third quarter

Charges in car wash shooting stalled

Court waits for police watchdog report on Salmon Arm incident.

Oz brings down the house

Laughter flies like house in a tornado at Cawston Players Wizard of Oz

Most Read