A trust fund has been set up help the 62-year-old victim of an explosion and fire in Olalla that happened just over a week ago.
There are indications Randie Walter, who was living in a motorhome on the property that was destroyed by the fire, may be facing as much as six months in hospital.
He received first and third degree burns to about 60 per cent of his body from what is believed to have been an exploding propane tank. Walter was initially taken to Penticton Regional Hospital and later transferred by air ambulance to the burn unit at Vancouver General Hospital.
Several other family members, including his older brother Robbie Kilborn who was slightly injured in the incident, also live on the property. They are all disabled and not capable of helping their injured sibling.
Although the house was not damaged, a total of seven vehicles were destroyed.
All of the victim’s possessions were in the motorhome at the time of the fire.
Donations can be made at any branch of Valley First using the trust fund account number 933945-201.