The Osoyoos Indian Band (OIB) on Saturday, July 24, rescinded evacuation orders on six area addresses threatened by the Nk’Mip Creek wildfire. The addresses are now on evacuation alert, the OIB announced last midnight.
#EvacuationOrder RESCINDED by the Osoyoos Indian Band. #EvacuationAlert issued for some properties. More info & addresses: https://t.co/KsLqjEx2F6 #Osoyoos #OliverBC #BCwildfirehttps://t.co/VxxTpVkhh2— Emergency Info BC (@EmergencyInfoBC) July 24, 2021
The affected addresses are:
- 2000 Valleyview Drive (The Residences)
- 1000 Rancher Creed Road (Nk’MIP Desert Cultural Centre)
- 600 Rancher Creek Road
- 1200 Rancher Creek Road (Spirit Ridge Resort)
- 1300 Rancher Creek Road (Sonora Dunes Golf Course)
- 1400 Rancher Creek Road (NKMip Winery)
The Nk’Mip Creek wildfire is burning roughly 6,800 hectares between Oliver and Osoyoos, according to the B.C. Wildfire Dashboard. Over 100 BC Wildfire Service personnel were battling the flames as of Saturday afternoon. They have five helicopters and over 40 pieces of heavy equipment at their disposal, the service said.