As the Penticton and District Community Arts Council approaches its 60th anniversary, it is hoping for the community to help support local arts programming and events through its Arts Matter Holiday Fundraiser.
Fundraising efforts like this one allow the group to offer the community free creative opportunities, Community Arts Council grants and bursaries. Last year, the PDCAC gave out $5,900 in grants to a wide variety of community arts groups in our community.
Currently, the PDCAC is looking to renovate its art room. The group said the “much needed” renovation will include new flooring, a fresh paint job, and window coverings.
Upcoming fundraising events include:
- Nov. 29: Listen and Create with Maiya Robbie (by donation)
- Dec. 1: Encaustic Holiday Cards ($40)
- Dec. 6: Woodcut Ornaments ($25)
- Dec. 13: Holiday Fairies ($35)
- Dec. 18: Wooden Ornaments ($25)
- Dec. 21: Quick Holiday Crafts ($20)
- Dec. 21: Last Minute Tags and Cards ($20)
You can donate to the PDCAC at its office (220 Manor Park Ave) and at canadahelps.org.
More information on the PDCAC is available at pentictonartscouncil.com.