Good morning Penticton. While you are nursing your Halloween candy hangover, here are some of the hot topics and news tidbits to get your day started.
1) As usual, we will start with the weather. November comes in to Penticton wet and cloudy. According to Environment Canada, showers are expected until mid-morning. The day will see high’s of 11C and low’s of 7C. For more on the weather visit Environment Canada here.
2) It will be a big day at Penticton City Hall as council meets with a packed agenda. Trio Marine was a late addition to the agenda and will be presenting an updated plan for the Skaha Park development at 1 p.m. Read more:.Waterslide update released today. As well infrastructure will also be on the agenda. Read more: Deficit will take a lot of time on council.
3) Transport Canada told us yesterday that the timeline to have grounded flights at Penticton airport back in the air has not yet been defined. The flights that have been affected are those departing or arriving in the dark. Read more: Safety concerns ground flights
5) Another city council item that is a hot topic in our letters to the editor is the proposal to develop property at 175 Kinney Ave. Read more: No to rezoning Penticton development and Apartment block
6) In regional news, a West Kelowna man escaped a blaze that destroyed a mobile home last night. Read more on this here.
7) Cloudy weather on Halloween night didn’t dampen the spirits for those at the Downtown Penticton Association Nightmare on Front Street. We will be uploading a gallery of photos later today. Check back this afternoon.