Prince George RCMP put out a request to the public to help find missing person Anthony Graham and failed to mention he was wanted in a double murder in Penticton. The RCMP have since said that was an oversight that they hope doesn’t happen again. (RCMP handout)

Prince George RCMP put out a request to the public to help find missing person Anthony Graham and failed to mention he was wanted in a double murder in Penticton. The RCMP have since said that was an oversight that they hope doesn’t happen again. (RCMP handout)

‘An oversight’ to not mention Graham wanted in Penticton double murder: RCMP

Police say they are putting processes in place to make sure such an omission doesn’t happen again

It was an oversight by the Prince George RCMP to not let people know a missing person they were asking the public to help locate was wanted in a Penticton double murder.

In a release sent to the media on Friday, Nov. 5, Prince George RCMP said it would like to address the comments regarding the missing person report put out by them on Nov. 4 for Anthony James Graham.

“It was an oversight made by this office not duplicating the public warning about Mr. Graham,” said Prince George Cpl. Jennifer Cooper who put out the original release.

“We are putting processes in place to make sure such an omission does not happen again,” she added.

On Thursday, Prince George RCMP put out a request to help find Graham and failed to mention he was wanted in a double murder in Penticton.

READ MORE: RCMP ask for help finding missing man, don’t mention he’s wanted in a Penticton double murder

The police are still ‘actively investigating’ Graham as a missing person, said the Friday release.

In June of 2021, the Prince George RCMP opened an investigation into the disappearance of Graham.

“Friends of Mr. Graham stated they last saw him around May 25, in Prince George. Friends last saw Mr. Graham in the Prince George area and he has connections to the Okanagan,” said Cooper in the original release that made no mention of Graham’s first degree murder charges.

In June while Prince George RCMP were looking for Graham as a missing person, 35-year-old Graham and 32-year-old Wade Cudmore of Naramata, were both charged with first-degree murder in relation to the killing of brothers Erick and Carlo Fryer whose bodies were found on a forest service road in Naramata on May 10.

READ MORE: 2 men charged in Freyer brother killings

Cudmore, who is the son of Naramata murder victim Kathy Richardson, had been arrested and remains in custody. Graham remained at large, according to police.

At the time, Supt. Sanjaya Wijayakoon of the BC RCMP Major Crime Section said Graham is a target and those associated with him, or found in his proximity are also at risk.

“He is considered armed and dangerous. If you see him do not approach and immediately call 911,” said police at the time.

To report a typo, email: editor@pentictonwesternnews.com.


 

@PentictonNews
newstips@pentictonwesternnews.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

RCMP