The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen recognizes the significant value of volunteers, volunteer groups and agencies to the spiritual, educational, social, cultural, and physical well-being of the region.
These non-profit organizations have the opportunity to apply for a Property Tax Exemption. The following criteria will determine eligibility.
The applicant(s) must:
- Qualify for an exemption under the provisions of the Local Government Act, the general authority for property tax exemptions;
- Be in compliance with Regional District policies, plans, bylaws, and regulations (i.e. zoning);
- Be a non-profit organization;
- Not be in competition with for-profit business;
- Provide services or programs that are compatible or complementary to those offered by the Regional District.
- Provide a service that fulfills some basic need, or otherwise improves the quality of life for residents of the Regional District.
- Not provide liquor or meal services as their primary function or source of revenue.
- Not collect rent on a caretaker or other residence located on the property.
Application forms are available online at www.rdos.bc.ca. Or at the RDOS office, 101 Martin Street, Penticton, BC.
The deadline for submitting completed application forms including supporting documentation is JULY 31, 2023.
Successful applicants may be asked to publicly acknowledge the exemption.
If you require further information, assistance completing your application or wish to view the Property Tax Exemption Policy, please call the RDOS Finance Department at 250-492-0237 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org