The ultimate hockey festival, Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour presented by Scotiabank and Dodge, will be in Penticton March 12-13.
The festival will feature appearances by former NHLer Andy Moog, Oilers Entertainment Group CEO Bob Nicholson, Sportsnet analyst John Shannon and other special guests, alongside Canadian icon Ron MacLean.
The two-day hockey celebration gets underway March 12 at noon from the South Okanagan Events Centre, and concludes Sunday evening following the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party. The game features the Toronto Maple Leafs versus the Detroit Red Wings, with a special pre-game show hosted live on site by Ron MacLean from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio beginning at 4 p.m. on Sportsnet, alongside co-host Tara Slone.
The free hockey-themed weekend will feature games, activities, live local entertainment and food trucks for the family, including:
· Rogers Share Everything Zone: Fans can engage in unique interactive experiences, including virtual autographs with NHL players
· Scotiabank Community Locker Room: Featuring meet and greets with NHL Alumni, interactive games and a Scotia Hockey Club commemorative jersey giveaway for youth 16 and under
· The Dodge Stow ‘n’ Go Challenge as well as a chance to win a 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan and $5,000 for a local minor hockey association
Samsung’s The Situation Room: Fans can test their skills against a series of hockey plays, just like NHL officials in this interactive studio
· Sportsnet Be a Broadcaster: Call an NHL game highlight reel alongside Sportsnet Central anchor Evanka Osmak
· PlayStation: Fans can try some of the latest PlayStation®4 games from family fun to sports gaming favourites, only in the PlayStation gaming zone
· McDonald’s® Ball Hockey Rink: Including pick-up games and hockey skills competitions, personalized hockey cards, as well as free McCafé® brewed coffee on site
· The Lodge: A cozy place to enjoy a free hot chocolate inside a warming lounge, complete Adirondack chairs with built in Texture by Next Issue and more
· Dr. Oetker’s Mobile Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a free slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria pizza served fresh right out of the oven.
The festival goes from noon to 6 p.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m. through end of Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party.
Rogers Cheer Like Never Before Contest
Leading up to the celebrations in Penticton, local hockey teams have an opportunity to win the ultimate hockey experience as part of the Cheer Like Never Before contest.
Teams can upload a video of their team cheer, with the Top 5 vote-getters invited to take part in the festivities when the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour visits Penticton. The winning team in each town will then be in the running to win the trip of a lifetime, including: a trip to an NHL game, VIP Game Day Experience, and perform their team cheer in an NHL dressing room. For full contest details visit www.hometownhockey.com
As part of Scotiabank’s continued commitment to kids community hockey across Canada, they will be donating a Legacy Cheque of $15,000 to local minor hockey in Penticton. The Penticton Minor Hockey Association will receive $10,000, the Summerland Minor Hockey Association will receive $2,500 and the South Okanagan Minor Hockey Association will receive $2,500.
Scotiabank Community Locker Room:
- Free Popcorn
- Bubble Hockey
- Autograph signing and photo opportunities Saturday and Sunday with NHL Alumnus Andy Moog
- Scotiabank Commemorative Jerseys
- Free jerseys will be given to all youth sixteen and under. The jerseys will be branded Penticton on the back with the number 16 to commemorate the year the tour came to Penticton, 2016.
- Instaprint machines
- When people tag their photos to Instagram and Twitter with the hashtag #The5thSeason, they can then instantly print their photos from the instaprint machine