Central Okanagan golfers will soon be able to hit the links despite growing concerns amid COVID-19.
Three Okanagan golf courses have announced they will open to the public with new rules and conditions to ensure physical distancing and sanitation requirements implemented by the province’s health officials are met.
“Shadow Ridge Golf Club is committed to playing its part in flattening the curve of the COVID-19 pandemic,” said the course in a statement on its website.
“With adapted measures focusing on safety, sanitary conditions and physical distancing, we welcome players to our golf course.”
Kelowna Springs and Shannon Lake both released similar statements, stating that while the courses are to open, the golf clubs are committed to playing its part in flattening the curve of the COVID-19 pandemic. To maintain the safety of guests and staff, the clubs have instituted new and extensive protocols.
The new protocols are shared across the board:
- Tee time must be pre-booked. No walk-ins
- You may show up 20 minutes in advance of your tee time (no earlier)
- Increased spacing between tee times to enhance physical distancing
- Physical distancing of two metres mandatory at all times
- Contactless check-in kiosk by Pro Shop window for members and guests, alike
- All transactions will be paid electronically (credit card, debit, Apple Pay – NO cash)
- Light snacks and drinks available for purchase from Pro Shop kiosk
- All buildings closed and off-limits
- Two hand-wash locations for your sanitary practices
- Four hand-sanitizing locations for your sanitary practices
- One routinely sanitized washroom available by 10th tee
- Single rider power carts (unless same household) to be disinfected after each use
- Pull cart rentals to be disinfected after each use
- No rakes in the bunkers
- No ball washers
- Do not touch flag stick; putt with flag in
- No sharing of equipment
- No sharing of food, beverage or inhalation products
- No garbage left on the course; take all garbage home
- Immediate departure of the facility upon completion of golf