1. Which minor hockey coach made the biggest impact on you and why? Rick Swan. He taught me a lot about work ethic and coming to the rink every single day.
2.What is your favourite hockey memory? When I was 10, we won minor hockey week’s city championship. We won everything that year.
3. What age did you start playing hockey? When I was four.
4.Who is your favourite hockey player and why? Sidney Crosby. He worked hard as a kid. He sacrificed a lot to be where he is today. He is able to succeed with all the expectations that he gets everyday.
5. What are some things you like doing in your spare time? I like to read. Do some yoga, play some tennis and hang out with friends.
6. What do you consider your best hockey skill? I think that I understand the game well. I know the right places to go on the ice. I can anticipate plays well.
7. What are your superstitions if you have any? I have too many superstitions. I’m probably the most superstitious guy on the team. It has to be the exact same thing. It’s more of a routine.
8. Who has the best sense of humour on the team? Why? Mitch brooks. He’s always amped up. It’s like he has four caffeine pills on him all the time. I’ve never seen someone with so much energy.
9. What music do you have on your iPod? I have everything. I don’t really listen to rap that much. Country, modern rock, classic rock, top 40 hits, everything.
10. Why do you wear the number that you do? I just got it in junior when I first played. I like the number. I wanted this number coming in.